FORUMS: list search recent posts

What program do I use to match light?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke Chu
What program do I use to match light?
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:17:53 am

I am trying to match the light in one shot with a reverse shot. Both shots have different light. I've been doing small things like this in FCP by exporting PNG stills to Photoshop and using the clone tool to match and cover up things. This has worked extremely well for me thus far, but it takes extremely long, frame by frame. Ideally I would be able to export it to photoshop, be able to color the whole stoop a darker and this would hold out for the length of the 2 minute still shot. Photoshop Extended or After Effects maybe???

Pics (I want the bright stoop to be as dark as the darker stoop):

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: What program do I use to match light?
on Apr 13, 2011 at 3:15:33 am

The 3-way color correction filter is what you need. I'd suggest that you search the the tutorial section on the Cow and Google "FCP 3-way" to learn the basics. You can do it, everyone has to learn it eventually.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Luke Chu
Re: What program do I use to match light?
on Apr 13, 2011 at 3:28:07 pm

I know about the 3-way it won't work because I forgot to include that I want to change the color in a very specific area and I want to block light & shadows in that area.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]