FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi-clips going out of sync

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cory Christman
Multi-clips going out of sync
on Apr 12, 2011 at 2:09:15 pm

I am working on a project with 5 other editors. In order to facilitate us all working at different times and locations we have copied the footage onto hard drives that each of us have. Same folder structure. The shoot entailed 3 JVC cameras shooting in a .mov wrapper mode. Everyone had to a list of the files that they were to make into multi-clip using aux time-codes and then share those multi-clip files with the rest of us so that we would all be working from the same basic files to start with. We then each had our own sections of the film to edit using the footage that we had. A problem has arisen where some (not all) of the multi-clips have gone out of sync) once the appropriate bits have been copied into other sequences for layout purposes. I am at my wits end as we have been working the edits for 2 weeks now and as we are starting to put the final edit together have realised there is a problem. I know that the multi-clips were originally set up correctly as 2 of us checked them. The clips have to be reconnected to the media when we move them from person to person as the drives have different names and such. Also of note is that the sync differences are not the same on everyones different projects. Some files seem fine on one project but are off on another. While a file will be messed up in one way on one computer but messed up differently on the next. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't have any idea as to what has caused this issue.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Multi-clips going out of sync
on Apr 12, 2011 at 3:34:26 pm

This is a complicated problem to diagnose over the Internet Cory, made exponetislly more complex due to all the variables introduced with multiple editors on multiple computers. I suspect that it may be hard to exchange enough information here to do your situation total situation justice. I would advise you to keep your questions very specific if you can and that way tackle the problem bit by bit possibly.

David Roth Weiss
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved