FORUMS: list search recent posts

Grading flare when text fades out

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Bailey
Grading flare when text fades out
on Apr 11, 2011 at 2:49:30 pm

Hello helpful people!

I'm having a little problem that I have found a way around, but wanted to see if anyone else had any problems like this, and what it could be.

After running a Quicktime self contained bounce off of FCP, I've been using QT7 to export the film to 720p good quality etc. to send to a client - am running off lots and lots since there are lots of changes being made. In one clip as a graphic fades out, the image suddenly pops and gets noticeably brighter, it then pops back a frame or two before the end. It only happens on this one clip.

Really strange.

Using compressor solves the issue, but I can't get a good enough quality at around 60mb to mail out from there, hence using QT ( I know its not the best method...)

Anyone had the same problem and know why?

Return to posts index

Andy horvath
Re: Grading flare when text fades out
on Jun 24, 2012 at 6:08:25 pm

I have been dealing with the exact same issue. What I found that works is clicking the actual fade, then in the viewer window, drop the soft fader to about 7. When I did this, the flare went away, however now it appears that the text fades a few frames sooner than the other text. It's still a hassle, but I would much rather deal with a quick fade than that flare issue. Hope this helps!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved