FORUMS: list search recent posts

footage with non classical frame rate

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexandre Brandt
footage with non classical frame rate
on Apr 9, 2011 at 12:15:39 am

Hello all,

I've shot some video on my laptop webcam and the output is Photo-JPEG, 680x480 at 17fps and 48khz 16bit.

I'd like to edit the footage and I tried adapting the sequence preset to those specs but when I insert a custom frame rate in sequence settings/general/QuickTime video settings/advanced, it tells me : "frame rate change ignored. Use the Editing Timebase to specify the frame rate preset." The problem here is that it the editing timebase section their is no 17fps choice. Is there a way around it ?

I though about transferring the footage in AppleProRez 422 at and other fps settings but I don't want the audio to be off sinc. I tried converting in to AppleProRez 422 at 24fps but now fcp shows me wired color shapes flickering in the video during playback.

What are my options around those problems ?

motion pictures + storytelling = ?
-> FILMMAKING !

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: footage with non classical frame rate
on Apr 9, 2011 at 10:34:00 am

You could add a field to every frame (render to 150 % speed, AE can do this, perhaps other apps too), then you have the same motion in a 25.5 FPS container. Set the timestamp to 25 using Cinematools, and adjust the audio likewise.
(small pitch shift, but not that bad)
You can then use a PAL preset.
Reverse telecine should be possible using AE again, but you must make sure you have no cadence breaks. (so you cannot cut on the progressive frames)

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]