FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Frame Rate Change to Sync Issues to 5.1 Surround Exporting Nightmare.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Louis Marnik
FCP Frame Rate Change to Sync Issues to 5.1 Surround Exporting Nightmare.
on Apr 8, 2011 at 10:02:25 pm

Hey gang,

I've got quite a pickle: I have edited an entire feature film in Final Cut Pro 7.0.3. I edited in true 24fps, compared to 23.98. The footage was RED downconverted to 1920x1080 through RedRushes. When preparing my final export to Compressor, I exported the entire film as a self-contained FCP movie file and dropped it into a 23.98 timeline (I am doing this because it is eventually going to Blu-Ray, and Blu-Ray doesn't like true 24). I tested it on the timeline and it works fine, exported like a dream, sync stayed secure.

Now, I am going in to do an actual 5.1 surround export to compressor. As a precaution, since I was dealing with close to 20 tracks of audio, I exported three composed files: an Ambience track, a Dialogue track and a Music track as .aiffs. When I drop them back into FCP in a new timeline designated for 5.1, the audio is out of sync. I have kept it always at 48kHz and performed the same when exporting tracks that would be coming back in. I am even getting this problem with an Audio-Assisted Track for the Blind and/or Visually Impaired.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I have a feeling I've got a long weekend ahead of me.

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
Re: FCP Frame Rate Change to Sync Issues to 5.1 Surround Exporting Nightmare.
on Apr 8, 2011 at 10:50:18 pm

where did the 5.1 audio come from?
A pro-tools session?

need to add any details you have on the surround mix.

Return to posts index

Andrew Louis Marnik
Re: FCP Frame Rate Change to Sync Issues to 5.1 Surround Exporting Nightmare.
on Apr 8, 2011 at 11:09:32 pm

Hi Chris,

I had the audio mixed, but still separate and designated by it being music, dialogue, or ambience. I assembled those tracks in Final Cut and exported them into those three stereo files.

Then I followed this tutorial:
http://www.geniusdv.com/news_and_tutorials/2009/01/51_audio_outputting_in_f...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]