FORUMS: list search recent posts

AAF -> FCP (without recapturing)?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wolfgang Beck
AAF -> FCP (without recapturing)?
on Apr 8, 2011 at 9:35:18 am

hi everyone,

is there any way I can transfer a whole sequence out of Avid as AAF embedded from one computer to a FCP on another computer without having to recapture?

I trieed boris aaf tranfer - but I could only transfer the sequence itself, all the media was offline (even with not embedded aaf but the media in a separate folder) I could point to the mxf files but clips were still offline.

Does Automatic Duck work? Am not able to try, since there was no demo version.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: AAF -> FCP (without recapturing)?
on Apr 8, 2011 at 12:53:13 pm

Fcp won't handle the mxf files. Recapturing would be best.

Return to posts index

Wolfgang Beck
on Apr 8, 2011 at 1:19:24 pm

recapturing will not be an option :( i said the same actually, but in the other location there wont be any tape deck... just a mac with fcp installed.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 8, 2011 at 2:03:48 pm

MXF4mac should allow you to see the avid MXF files in fcp, but that media is going to be a bit of a kludge to work with.

It would allow Compressor to see the files, though, at which point you might be able to do a transcode on the raw media. This is a guess, I've never tried it. I do have MXF4mac, I have just never tried to do what you're doing.

Return to posts index

Patrice Freymond
on Apr 8, 2011 at 7:39:49 pm

If memory serves right there used to be an incompatibility between the two "flavors" of MXF operating levels (Op Atom and Op A). At least on versions of Avid from 2 years ago or so.

Also I remember Sequence settings being wrong as Avid AAF exports did not flag 16/9 correctly.

Haven't dealt with this in a while and things have hopefully improved since.

Patrice

Return to posts index

Wolfgang Beck
on Apr 12, 2011 at 9:18:46 am

I never heard about Op Atom and Op A before - what is that? About the flag you are right... with boris aaf transfer I could transfer the sequence (still with media offline), but on clip information it shows me an 4:3 file, so the flag is not there.

About the media offline... I installed calibrated Q which gives native mxf support on mac... but the media is still offline... i am able to use preview and see thumbnails of the clips... so playback is possible... but somehow after the boris aaf import which looks fine... final cut is looking for mxf files that have the exact file names as the clips... when i try to point to the right file... nothing happens...

i uploaded an pdf attached to this.. which explains the problem in more detail... any help would be much appreciated...

here is the link: 2180_borisaaftransfer.pdf.zip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]