FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re-Creating Modern Family Open

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Garriga
Re-Creating Modern Family Open
on Apr 7, 2011 at 7:00:45 pm

Hey all,

I am currently re creating the Modern Family opening and am not sure If I am doing it the most time efficient way. This project is a private client with a deadline months from now so there is no rush.

Since there is no rush I have been doing everything in Final Cut using 8 point garbage matte and going frame by frame adjusting and re-sizing picture.

I tried the motion tracking tool in After Effects to track the fast zoom outs of the picture frames but it was apparantly too fast of a zoom to track and would totally get lost and not track it at all!

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Jared Smith
Re: Re-Creating Modern Family Open
on Apr 7, 2011 at 7:35:50 pm

i'm posting with no advice, but so that i can get updates anytime someone ads to this thread because i am super interested in doing the same for a project coming up

Return to posts index

Michael Gossen
on Apr 7, 2011 at 8:45:25 pm

I would still use After Effects even if you can't track it. I think there is still a lot more flexibility to rotoscope and parent objects together over FCP.

Michael Gossen
Helium Digital Media

Return to posts index

Josh Weiss
on Apr 7, 2011 at 8:52:02 pm

Definitely do not do this in Final Cut. If you are keyframing frame by frame, the shape of your screen insert is bound to change slightly from shot to shot. What will happen is it will look jumpy and odd. If you have a huge motion blurred zoom in, you may get away with jumps between frames if the distance is far enough between the frames, but you won't get good motion blur out of FCP.

Honestly, you should use After Effects. CS4 and on include a tool called mocha. It is a much better tracker than the point tracker in AE. You can find some tutorials on it on the Cow. Definitely use mocha, and definitely do the composite in AE. FCP is just not intended for this.

Return to posts index

Daniel Garriga
on Apr 7, 2011 at 9:32:42 pm

Yes that is exactly what is happening to my image. It is jumpy and not still and it's taking me FOREVER to do. But things are slow here and i have the time so I was just experimenting.

I guess ill re do in AE.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]