FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capturing PAL footage shot on a PD170 using an Sony HVRA1 NTSC camera

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arwen Kidd
Capturing PAL footage shot on a PD170 using an Sony HVRA1 NTSC camera
on Apr 6, 2011 at 9:44:59 pm

I'm trying to upload footage to final cut pro 7 - it was shot using a Sony PD170 in PAL format, but the problem is that I no longer have access to that camera, so I'm using my Sony HVR-A1 (which is NTSC)...

On my camera's LCD screen it says: DVCAM 32k [PAL] DVout[iLINK]

I've tried using various settings on the Easy Setup menu, but still no luck...
Although I got it to turn up as a preview ONCE, no matter what capture settings I now use [including setting the input to a Non-Controllable Device and hitting play manually], I can't get the preview to show, and when I try to hit play and then Capture NOW it either says there's no video input, or (on other settings) it says "device must be in VTR mode when Device Control is enabled".

Anyone have any advice?

Cheers,
Arwen

note: when the preview did show up that one time, I hit capture, but the image turned up with reddish bars across it. So after about 20 seconds I hit stop to check the recorded footage, and amazingly, it was fine. Thinking I'd finally solved my problem, I tried to start the capturing again, but it was back to the same old problem as before - no preview and I couldn't capture anything..... [I was using DVPal Anamorphic setting and non-controllable device].

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Capturing PAL footage shot on a PD170 using an Sony HVRA1 NTSC camera
on Apr 6, 2011 at 10:26:48 pm

[Arwen Kidd] "Anyone have any advice?"
Get a PAL desk or camcorder.
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]