FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi-colored bar on video track...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Byfield
Multi-colored bar on video track...
on Apr 6, 2011 at 6:13:49 pm

Anybody have an idea of what the colored bar at the bottom of V1 (see included image) is meant to represent? I inherited a project that is using 720p, ProRes 422 HQ encoded footage captured via HDMI from a Blackmagic Multibridge Pro and the original editor doesn't know what it means either. It doesn't appear to be affecting my edit at all but I'd still like to know what it is for.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
Re: Multi-colored bar on video track...
on Apr 6, 2011 at 9:08:30 pm

Duplicate clip detection is turned on and each unique color represents footage that has been used more than once in that timeline. It can be a useful feature but only if the footage has all be properly labeled and logged.

I think you can turn it off in either your user or sequence settings.

3.2GHz 8-core, FCP 6.0.4, 10.5.5
Blackmagic Multibridge Eclipse (6.8.1)

Return to posts index

Victor Perez
Re: Multi-colored bar on video track...
on Apr 6, 2011 at 9:12:05 pm

When Show Duplicate Frames is turned on in a sequence’s settings and a clip appears more than once within a single edited sequence, the duplicate frames are marked by a colored bar appearing at the bottom of the clip’s video item in the Timeline.

However, if the duplicated frames fall outside the boundaries of the clip in the Timeline or fall within a transition, a special indicator—four white dots—appears where the duplicate frames are located. The dots can appear on either side or both sides of the transition. The side of the transition the dots appear on indicates the clip or clips that use duplicate frames. When you zoom out, the white dots decrease in range from four to zero, depending on the zoom level.

Timeline Options is in your User Preferences.

hope that helps

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved