FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple Pro Res (LT) requires render.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andre Morton
Apple Pro Res (LT) requires render.
on Apr 6, 2011 at 2:56:08 pm

Working with AF-100 footage that has been transcoded to Apple Pro Res standard and Apple Pro Res (LT).
(Media managers were changed mid shoot and the second DIT suggested AVCCAM was best converted to LT for FCP workflow.)
The standard footage drops into the timeline and is ready to go, The (LT) footage needs to be rendered.
I've checked all of the sequence and clip settings everything matches except for the (LT).

I've tried creating a new sequence and dropping the LT footage and it stills needs to be rendered.
Normally i'd render and move on but I'm dealing with about 300 gigs of LT footage!

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Apple Pro Res (LT) requires render.
on Apr 6, 2011 at 3:04:49 pm

Did you check the audio to make sure the LT is 48khz?

David Roth Weiss
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Apr 6, 2011 at 3:07:22 pm

If you have a ProRes Sequence, then by all means the ProRes LT needs to be rendered when on the same timeline as ProRes footage.

What I would do is re transfer the footage from the originals. It will make your workflow much easier. You're only talking a couple hours of time that will save you in the long run.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 6, 2011 at 4:37:26 pm

Well, the footage should show up with the bright green render bar, meaning you can edit just fine without that much quality loss in viewing, and no dropped frames. Just have to render when you are done.

But yes, whenever you have ANY other codec that is even slightly different than the sequence, you will have a render bar. Doesn't mean you HAVE to render while you are editing. YOu can do it later.

Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved