FORUMS: list search recent posts

shuddering/juddering video when exported

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Lewis
shuddering/juddering video when exported
on Apr 6, 2011 at 2:41:11 am

HI,
I have searched all the forums for a solution but cannot seem to find my exact problem. I've made video diaries with a group of students - shooting on a SD camcorder. The codec for this footage is : MPEG -2; 720 x 576. I then import into FCP sequence settings: DV Pal; aspect ratio- 720x576, anamorphic box ticked, QT vid settings: DV-Pal. The footage looks fine in the timeline but then when I export as a QT movie at current settings and make a dvd - the footage looks to be stuttering when played from the DVD.

The only thing that I can think of is that by accident I edited this footage on a sequence that did not have the correct settings but then transferred to a sequence that matched the codec settings. Would this be the reason. Does anyone have any ideas - I worked all day yesterday on it and I'm now at a loss.
Many thanks
Sarah

Return to posts index

Michael Pfost
Re: shuddering/juddering video when exported
on Apr 6, 2011 at 3:00:17 am

So your original footage is MPEG-2, but you are trying to play this on a DV codec timeline? Doesn't sound like they would mix.

I would convert the original footage into ProRes files (using Compressor). Then create the appropriate timeline to work on in FCP.

Return to posts index

Sarah Lewis
on Apr 6, 2011 at 3:42:55 am

Thanks for the advice. I have already edited 10 of the videos so is there is a sequence setting that would work with MPEG 2 so I could transfer these edits to the new sequence timeline. Or is there a way I can convert all the original footage while still keeping the edits. Many thanks Sarah

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Apr 6, 2011 at 11:37:13 am

MPEG2 is NOT an editing format. That is your problem.
FCP prefers .mov files.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]