FORUMS: list search recent posts

Delivery Workflow - website for client previews and change logs?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Parsons
Delivery Workflow - website for client previews and change logs?
on Apr 5, 2011 at 5:42:29 pm

Hi, I'm looking to revamp how I deal with delivering client previews and managing the changes that are requested. Does anyone know of a website that is made for this exact purpose? Right now I just use yousendit and email but this is not and ideal situation as I often have multiple people commenting on the videos and no central hub where all versions of a video can be found along with the requested changes for each one and the changes made to each one.

Any help on figuring out a new delivery workflow is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Delivery Workflow - website for client previews and change logs?
on Apr 5, 2011 at 6:03:25 pm

Vimeo. Set up password protected links. I do it all the time.

There's also Wistia.com

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Apr 5, 2011 at 6:18:45 pm

My proprietary method of doing this these days (yes, I do realize it's no longer going to proprietary), is to upload an appropriate viewing copy to my iDisk, then once it's uploaded it's easy to use Apple's share feature to send my client(s) a link that allows them to download and play the file with a single mouse click.

The really cool thing about this is that I can walk away while the upload is doing it's thing, and then later use the share feature from my iDisk app on my iPhone to send the link to anyone I want from anywhere in the world. That alone is worth the price of admission, which is $99 a year for MobileMe that goes to our good friends at Apple.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Dustin Parsons
on Apr 6, 2011 at 1:29:48 am

Thanks for the response!

For anyone else looking to revamp their delivery workflow here's a few options I've discovered:
Media Batch Pro
Screen Light
Mobile Me with iDisk
Dropbox
Vimeo Plus
Wistia
Wiredrive

For me, I want my deliverables to be private, password protected and viewable online – I believe all the website listed above have those features except for iDisk and Dropbox (but I might be wrong). Vimeo has the lowest priced plan by far and I really like their player so that may be what I end up going with.

Shane, how do you handle revision comments? Do you create a user for each of your clients and have them comment on your videos using the account you set up for them or another way?

Return to posts index

Adrian Beard
on Apr 7, 2011 at 7:15:18 pm

Hi there,
I used http://www.takeoffvideo.com/. I'm editing in France, my producer's in Denmark, and his client's in Greenland. It worked flawlessly.
I'd upload a very lo-res version. It's on the site within a few minutes and there's a timeline below the video where comments can be added at the minute/second that the comment refers to! I can then reply to that comment, again, on the timeline.
You can set up access via privileges, add scripts and other media for collaboration.
I can't recommend it highly enough.
There's a dummy project on there to get a feel of how it works.
AND IT'S FREE!!!
I'm starting a new project with the same team next week, so I'll be using it heavily for the next couple of months or so.
I was emailed about 12 weeks ago asking users their opinions on how they would like things to work if it were a paid-for service, so I guess that's the route they'll be taking at some point - try it while it's still free.
Cheers,
Adrian.
PS No connection with them etc, just a very satisfied customer (although, can I be a customer if I'm not paying??)

Return to posts index

Dustin Parsons
on Apr 7, 2011 at 9:37:12 pm

Thanks for the suggestion Adrian! This might be just what I'm looking for.

Return to posts index

Dustin Parsons
on Apr 8, 2011 at 7:53:14 pm

After familiarizing myself with takeoffvideo, I can say this site is exactly what I was looking for. Hopefully they open a pay model soon so they can add a few more features. Thanks again for the suggestion!

Return to posts index

Wayne Helman
on Jun 20, 2014 at 2:48:16 pm

We've just launched our new cloud based platform called BackSpin (https://backspinit.com) that allows you to share, review, and measure video with ease. We even support using third party platforms like Vimeo, so you can get up and running in a snap. We're the only tool around that provides deep user metrics for video, so you can get a much better understanding as to how your clients are viewing your work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]