FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't import clips in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Sorkin
Can't import clips in FCP
on Apr 5, 2011 at 1:25:01 pm

hi i need your help i have a canon legria hf200 video cam and i took all my clips from from the folder on the SD card and by doing that basically ruining the original structure of the card.
i can't put the videos back on the card. by putting them in the same folder they were to begin with with same name dosn't help.
The camera doesn't show the clips this way.
i tried to convert the videos to a ds dvd format or quick time compliant h.264
on main concept reference, turbo.264 hd, iskysoft video converter. but still it wont work...
my goal is to edit the clips on final cut. the clips are playble on a few avchd players ive found.

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Can't import clips in FCP
on Apr 5, 2011 at 2:24:48 pm

Did you try ClipWrap?

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Aivaras Seduika
on Apr 5, 2011 at 2:39:57 pm

Alex, you have 2 choices.

1 - re-wrap the AVCHD h264 files from the camera card with ClipWrap, which will make Final Cut recognise them. Re-wrapping does not transcode, so the data itself remains unchanged.
Then you can edit these clips in FCP, but editing h264 in FCP is machine-intensive, it will get sluggish and need lots of rendering.
2 - transcode everything into an intermediate format such as ProRes. Pro-res files are lightly compressed so it's nice editing with them, but they take up about 10 times more space than the original clips.

Return to posts index

Alex Sorkin
on Apr 5, 2011 at 3:16:44 pm

clipwrap is great. thanks, tom.
transcoding to prores didnt work with the apps ive tried.

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Apr 5, 2011 at 3:50:24 pm

Use ClipWrap to go directly to ProRes or ProRes LT.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]