FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render Issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Perry
Render Issues
on Apr 4, 2011 at 10:33:34 pm

I'm new to Final Cut Pro but have edited on AVID for over 10 years. I have a question about rendering.

On the AVID if I add effects to clips in track 1 and render those they stay rendered until I do something else in that track. If I add an element on track 2 track 1 remains rendered.

On my FCP system, if I add an element to track 2 my effects on track 1 have to be re-rendered. Everything is the same format.

Am I missing something? I probably spent an hour today on a 30 second spot rendering track 1 over and over again as I added elements and tracks. Make a minor change to a graphic? Re-render track 1.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Doug

Return to posts index

Harry Bromley-Davenport
Re: Render Issues
on Apr 5, 2011 at 12:15:31 am

Check that your SEQUENCE SETTINGS are the same as your RENDER SETTINGS. If they are different, you will experience all kinds of weird stuff. They should be the same.

Also, it might be a good idea to set your sequence to UNLIMITED RT (unlimited real time playback).

If you are not familiar with how to carry out these suggestions, just post again and either I or someone else will help you out.

Best wishes,

Harry.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 5, 2011 at 3:34:06 am

To put it simply, fcp doesn't work that way. What you are seeing is normal. Render unto Ceaser, change it, then render unto Caesar. Again.

You can drop the quality in your sequence to get faster previews. If that's not good enough, you must render.

It's the way of fcp.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
on Apr 5, 2011 at 11:27:00 am

That's how FCP works, and I found it very irritating at first, but I have 2 workarounds:

1: (this is a bit of a bodge) open a finder window looking at your renders folder in the background. When you render a section, you can grab the render file and drop it into a bin in FCP, then place it on a video track above the clips that it's a render of. That way you can build layers of effects shots without spending so much time waiting for renders, then when you're done take out the render layers and re-render it for real.

2:(this is much better) send your clips to Motion and do your effects there. Motion will do a lot more layers/effects in real time than FCP and the Motion project slots straight back into FCP.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]