FORUMS: list search recent posts

Jiggly Video with VHOLDR Contour Video Camera?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Monskey
Jiggly Video with VHOLDR Contour Video Camera?
on Apr 4, 2011 at 4:38:38 am

I am working on a video in FCP 7.0.3 shot from a small HD camera. Mush of it is jiggly/wobbly. I sent the company the following message and received an unhelpful response:

I have a Contour HD that records nearly everything in a wobbly manner. As a wide-angle camera it should be the opposite! What is the cause of this? I don't recall this condition when I first started using the camera. I also don't recall this existing in publicity videos I saw before I bought the camera. I hope this is an easy fix with settings or something.
I got a response back from the company saying "it is an issue that is inherent in all cameras with CMOS sensors (including all other competing POV cameras, to my knowledge), and it has to do with how the image is captured with a CMOS sensor."
Here is their suggested fix:
"I believe that there is some editing software is available that can resolve this issue. While I have not tried it myself, I understand that a free program called VirtualDub (available here: http://www.virtualdub.org/) with the free Deshaker plugin http://www.guthspot.se/video/deshaker.htm ) can help remove the rolling shutter effect."

This program is only for Windows systems. Any suggestions or ideas?
Dan

Daniel Monskey

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Jiggly Video with VHOLDR Contour Video Camera?
on Apr 4, 2011 at 3:21:03 pm

[Daniel Monskey] "Any suggestions or ideas?"

Yeah: GET A TRIPOD.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Daniel Monskey
Re: Jiggly Video with VHOLDR Contour Video Camera?
on Apr 4, 2011 at 4:22:25 pm

Sarcasm is not helpful, Dave!
This is a small B-roll camera (VHOLDR HD by Contour) that is meant to give that "ride-along" POV perspective. It was moved smoothly on a mono-pod stick, not like going for a ride on a bull. The video has a Parkinson's disease like wobble, particularly at the sides.
Any "actually" helpful suggestions?
Dan

Daniel Monskey

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]