FORUMS: list search recent posts

clear memory

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Cunningham
clear memory
on Apr 3, 2011 at 12:36:37 pm

I have notice that if I have Motion and FC 7 open, and running a lot of sequences, the performance of FC playback decreases. If I close out of Motion and close open sequences, things do not improve. If I then restart FC, playback is back to normal. My guess is something is not releasing memory.

There was a post a while back with a way to clear allocated memory, but I can't seem to fine it. Is there a way of clearing the memory without restarting the program?

Thanks as always for your sage advice.

Cheers,

Jim

OSX 10.6.4
FC 7.0.3
Quad Core 2x 2.26,17GB RAM,

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: clear memory
on Apr 4, 2011 at 12:18:54 am

The most recent OS updates seem to have several unintended "sideaffects" in the way our Macs perform when running Pro Apps. I too have found the need to reboot often as of late, with significant slowing and even kernel panics as the price of not doing so.

A complete system rebuild did nothing to eliminate the problems. And, after checking in with several other very technically competent users, it seems many, but not all, have been experiencing issues recently.

So, you might want to just continue rebooting more frequently than you're used to if indeed there is some type of issue with the OS, and pray the next update rectifies it.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]