FORUMS: list search recent posts

Uninstalling Final Cut 6 and Installing Final Cut 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Jack
Uninstalling Final Cut 6 and Installing Final Cut 7
on Apr 3, 2011 at 3:43:45 am

Hello people,

I needed some information about these few things.

1) The steps in uninstalling Final Cut 6 and Installing Final Cut 7

2) Once installing Final Cut 7, will I be able to open the project file that I am still working on with Final Cut 6 on Final Cut 7?

3) What will happen to all my plugins?

Thank you in advance people...

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: Uninstalling Final Cut 6 and Installing Final Cut 7
on Apr 3, 2011 at 5:16:26 am

Your questions have acutely come up before so in the future, I do recommend doing a search.

[Jason Jack] "1) The steps in uninstalling Final Cut 6 and Installing Final Cut 7"

Well with Pro apps is actually best to erase the entire system drive and start fresh when moving to new version. This will insure that everything is good. There is a 3rd party app called FCP Remover that will remove FCP but again is is best to clone your system drive and then erase it and start fresh.

[Jason Jack] "2) Once installing Final Cut 7, will I be able to open the project file that I am still working on with Final Cut 6 on Final Cut 7?"

Yes but once saved you will no longer be able to open it in FCP 6 again. It is not usually recommended to upgrade mid project, but once you have finished one and before you start another.

[Jason Jack] "3) What will happen to all my plugins?"

Depends on the plugins. You need to check with the maker of the plugin to see if they are compatible with newer versions of FCP.

**Hindsight is always 1080p**

Return to posts index

Alexander Kallas
Re: Uninstalling Final Cut 6 and Installing Final Cut 7
on Apr 3, 2011 at 11:58:35 am

[Jason Jack] "3) What will happen to all my plugins?"

Of course, If you wipe your disc they will all dissapear. FCP remover will also take them out.
Look for your plug-in collection in the Final Cut support folder, and copy them to an external card
for reinstalling, most should work, but if not, the designer will have upgrades.

Cheers
Alexander

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]