FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blurry in Super Slow motion

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Graham` Adams
Blurry in Super Slow motion
on Apr 2, 2011 at 1:54:27 am

Hi my name is Graham and I make action sports films and was wondering what the best way to get that blurriness that occurs when you use optical flow to make a movie in 60fps even slower I use a Panasonic P2 so I know the camera is defiantly clear enough at 720p to be able to pull it off but I still get a blurry video was wondering if theres a plug in or away I can fix that thank you

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: Blurry in Super Slow motion
on Apr 2, 2011 at 2:37:19 am

What you really should do is shoot at a faster frame rate.

For example if you could shoot at 60fps instead of say 30fps you have 2x the number of frames each second.

The more frames per second you shoot the the slower you can play back the video with it still looking good.

**Hindsight is always 1080p**

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Apr 2, 2011 at 3:18:00 pm

If you want to record Slow motion in camera you choose Variable Frame Rate (VFR) Then you shoot over cranking. Choose 60 FPS in 720p/24 VFR
Then it'll play back in slow motion in your 24fps sequence.

Now, blurring will come from a slower Shutter speed.
Try some test shots with a higher and slower shutter speeds to get the results you are looking for.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Apr 2, 2011 at 6:03:20 pm

Make some tests rising the shutter speed.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 4, 2011 at 4:20:11 pm

[Graham` Adams] "what the best way to get that blurriness that occurs when you use optical flow to make a movie in 60fps even slower... I still get a blurry video was wondering if theres a plug in or away I can fix that"

Do you want blurry or not? It's a little hard to tell.

And what do you mean when you say "super slo mo"? Do you want to see the sweat beads flying off a soccer player's head in long, slow, graceful arcs?

Are you shooting 60p and trying to slow it down to, say, 5 frames/sec or less?

If that's what you're after, you're asking for miracles from your camera. You need a camera that shoots at a much higher frame rate, perhaps 1200 fps. Check out the Phantom.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Graham` Adams
on Apr 4, 2011 at 5:17:28 pm

yes thats true but Gopro videos show otherwise and I no if you take optical Flow enhancement on Final cut pro you can actually slow the frame rates down even more starting with 60 fps and up check out this video
he pushed the 1000fps just by editing, he used a canon T2i which only shoots in 60fps max

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 4, 2011 at 5:41:49 pm

Perhaps you ought to ask the guy who shot it rather than relying on speculation in a forum.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]