FORUMS: list search recent posts

'Remove' or mitigate wide-angle lens distortion

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wayne Marx
'Remove' or mitigate wide-angle lens distortion
on Mar 29, 2011 at 11:12:49 am

Hi,

Got a wide shot that was shot with a wide-angle lens - but I'm not crazy about the look.

I know there is an After Effects plugin that helps reduce or mitigate the lens distortion, but
is there such an animal for FCP?

Tx,

Wayne

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: 'Remove' or mitigate wide-angle lens distortion
on Mar 29, 2011 at 2:35:57 pm

I don't know, but, I imagine you could map the video onto a variable-diameter sphere in Apple Motion or any CGI program like Blender (which is free) that counters the distortion and the result should be "straight".

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
on Mar 29, 2011 at 4:12:01 pm

Wayne,
"Hi,

Got a wide shot that was shot with a wide-angle lens - but I'm not crazy about the look.

I know there is an After Effects plugin that helps reduce or mitigate the lens distortion, but
is there such an animal for FCP?
"

There may be a dedicated plugin, but there is a Fisheye filter in FCP and Motion. It is biased to go in the 'normal' direction, but can be tweaked to go in the opposite way. One thing you will run into is a reduction in the image size and a pinched look if you reverse it excessively.

Scott Sheriff
Director
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

I have a system, it has stuff in it, and stuff hooked to it. I have a camera, it can record stuff. I read the manuals, and know how to use this stuff and lots of other stuff too.
You should be suitably impressed...

Return to posts index

Wayne Marx
on Mar 31, 2011 at 1:00:14 am

Will take a look, thanks,

Wayne

Return to posts index

Chris Tracy
on Aug 27, 2014 at 2:53:55 pm

Great. Worked well. I wish there was a constrain to crop option like in Lightroom 5 or I wish that you could export edited videos from Lightroom.. wish wish wish.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]