FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP / CS5 question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Milton
FCP / CS5 question
on Mar 28, 2011 at 12:52:00 pm

greetings,

i am running a mac pro with OS 10.5.8 and FC suite 3. i have loaded CS5 master collection and now the viewer and canvas in FCP 7.0.3 and also in motion display white. no video will display, audio plays and canvas stays white.

any advise is welcome. will re-installing FCsuite resolve?

thank you in advance

Return to posts index

Christopher Travis
Re: FCP / CS5 question
on Mar 28, 2011 at 1:14:05 pm

Have you checked that your canvas and viewer haven't accidentally been switched to "alpha" display mode? You can check this by clicking the right button at the top of the viewer and canvas and looking at the drop down menu to check that "RGB" is ticked and not "alpha".

Forgive me if this seems patronising but thats the first place I'd look and it wasn't mentioned in your initial post.

Return to posts index

Doug Milton
on Mar 28, 2011 at 1:40:01 pm

Christopher,
No offense taken, i'm all about finding a solution. i have no idea which symptoms are related.

in FCP both RGB and Black are checked. no video will play.

in Motion, the project will play but everything is black and white, absolutely no color. viewing something in the library will play color until imported into the Motion project, then plays B&W.

at this point, completing the FCP project is the priority. i can un-install cs-5 if needed, or re-install FCsuite3. not sure if upgrading to OS 10.6 would make any difference. i'm clutching at strawz.

thank you

Return to posts index

keith mcgregor
on Mar 28, 2011 at 5:47:23 pm

Did you remember to repair permissions after installing anything? You did a clean install and rebooted? It sounds more like a video card issue? It's just happening without cs5 running in the bkgrnd? (Re-install of FC is a daunting and time intensive task as should be left as the last resort.)

Reality? What did you make it?

Return to posts index

Doug Milton
on Mar 28, 2011 at 7:05:32 pm

keith,
thanx for responding. i follwed adobe's instructions for uninstalling CS3 and installing CS5. i did then reboot. the FC suite anamoly happens with just FCP or motion running, no adobe apps running at all.

i will admit that i basically know how to do what i know how to do and am not an apple expert. sorry if it's knucklehead, but i don't know about repairing permissions.

the great thing about the Cow is that experts are willing to help those of any level. so thank you for investing your time to help me.

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Mar 29, 2011 at 4:52:00 am

Have you tried deleting the FCP preference files?
Does the same thing happen with different FCP projects or is it just the one?
Does it work in a different user account?

**Hindsight is always 1080p**

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]