FORUMS: list search recent posts

Background Color

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexander Hip
Background Color
on Mar 25, 2011 at 8:23:03 pm

I shot a 30 second video for a client last year on a white seamless paper background. This year the client wants the white background behind the people i interviewed to be their logo color which is yellow. Is there a way to change the background color to yellow without having to film the 30 second video again?

I know in Photoshop, all i wold have to do is select the white background using the magic wand too, then use paint bucket to change color. But how do you do that in Final Cut?
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Background Color
on Mar 26, 2011 at 12:50:34 am

Simple way is to do a luma key on your footage on V2 and the yellow background on V1. Luma keys are not always that neat so you might have to fiddle with protecting lighting highlights on a persons face with a matte.

Return to posts index

Alexander Hip
on Mar 26, 2011 at 5:51:21 am

Thanks Michael. So I was able to get my background yellow and keep the faces their normal colors using the Luma Key. However, in the clip for example he is wearing a white name tag that needs to stay white in the clip. Applying the luma key changed the tag to the same color as the backgound.

And is there a way to fine tune the yellow background? i mean, there is still some white showing around the shoulders and neck areas of the person i'd like to clean it up a little better.

Thanks.
Chad.

Return to posts index

Alexander Hip
on Mar 28, 2011 at 6:45:08 pm

You pointed me in the right direction. I also found this which helped guide me through the steps. http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/chroma_key_fcp_hd_monahan.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]