FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCE question re Bad Film effect

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Snedeker
FCE question re Bad Film effect
on Mar 25, 2011 at 7:06:05 pm

I recently purchased FCE (forgive me, I'm new here, and I didn't see a forum for FCE, so I'm here in FCP). I wanted to use FCE to help me take a video clip and make it look like aged film.

The salesperson at the Apple Store where I bought it showed me FCP and then FCE, and I noticed that while FCP has both Bad Film and Bad TV effects, FCE only has Bad TV. I asked him if I could somehow purchase the Bad Film effect as a plug-in for FCE and he said yes. Well, I just called Apple Care and they said no, you can't.

Is there some product out there I can buy to create a Bad Film (scratchiness, hair, etc.) effect? I don't want to spend $100-200 on an entire package of effects; I just want that one effect. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Ariane Fisher
Re: FCE question re Bad Film effect
on Mar 25, 2011 at 8:28:58 pm

The CGM Eiperle Bad Film is quite good and works on both FCP and FCE. I played around with several others, but keep coming back to theirs. You can actually get it for free here: http://www.cgm-online.com/cgi-bin/dve_downloadcount.pl

Free beats $100 any day.

Return to posts index

James Snedeker
on Mar 25, 2011 at 11:00:13 pm

Hi Ariane,

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, when I tried to open up that effect from my downloads screen, I got an error message: "File Error: Wrong Type".

Do you have any idea what I might be doing wrong? I tried to open in Safari, as the instructions said. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Ariane Fisher
on Mar 25, 2011 at 11:37:53 pm

It's been awhile since I downloaded any plugins but I'm pretty sure you don't "open it from the downloads folder". I believe you shut down FCE, drop the plug-in into the plug-ins folder and then relaunch. To be more specific, drag the plug-in to HD/Library/App Support/FCE Support/Plugins folder. Have fun playing with all the settings of the plugin.

Return to posts index

James Snedeker
on Mar 26, 2011 at 1:37:26 am

I can't believe this--it works and it's exactly what I wanted! And free--yay!!!

I'm so grateful to you for your help. I couldn't be happier! Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Ariane Fisher
on Mar 26, 2011 at 2:03:23 am

Excellent! The community here has been incredibly helpful to me. I'm quite happy to pay it forward. :)

Return to posts index

James Snedeker
on Mar 26, 2011 at 2:10:53 am

Is there any particular reason why there is no forum reserved for Final Cut Express? Is it generally acceptable to post FCE questions in the FCP forum?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]