FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio and Video glitch during play-out

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corey Miller
Audio and Video glitch during play-out
on Mar 25, 2011 at 3:20:10 pm

Hey this will be my first post here at CreativeCow.

Me and some of my editors are running into a problem after we have rendered a 20 min plus video. Usually around the 15 min mark, during play back, the video and audio will stop for a couple of seconds, then the video will come back but there will no longer be any audio. We are able to go back and play the video from just before the glitch and it does not have the issue. It only happens once its been playing for about 15min. We use AJA Kona cards and render our vidoe in 720p 59.94 with Apple pro res 422. We play the video out via HD-SDI, into a XD-Cam deck or video server.

I am thinking this is a memory issue. As we have had this issue with a couple of different types of projects. Some video is from multiple different camera shots off of XD-Cam cards, and some are from a HD quick time file thats already been edited.

Any pointers for things to look for would be greatly appreciated. I am not really a Mac guy.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Audio and Video glitch during play-out
on Mar 26, 2011 at 3:55:55 pm

Sort of sounds like a dropped frame issue, which usually points at a scratch disk just not quite fast enough to keep up. If this is the case, you might try exporting the sequence as a self contained movie using "current settings" and play that file out. Much easier for a drive to do. Or get faster drives of course... Don't think more RAM is going to make much of a difference. FCP 7 can only address about 2.7 gigs of RAM before it disk caches. If you've 4 gigs or more and are only running FCP when this happens, it's likely not a memory issue.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]