FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP editing HVX 1080i 24 workflow

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared Prindle
FCP editing HVX 1080i 24 workflow
on Mar 25, 2011 at 3:55:34 am

I've tried looking around for information regarding this and I believe the subject has been touched on many times but I can't find exactly the info I'm looking for.

Having shot the HVX at 1080 24p, what would be the best sequence settings to use. FCP turns the footage into 29.97 and it looks pretty bad in that sequence. I've reversed telecine one clip with CT and it looks pretty good. I'd be ok with doing that except we have a thousand clips that have already been logged. CT seems to make a new clip without the logging info from the original.

Is there a sequence setting where CT isn't needed? OR...is there a way to reverse telecine the finished project? Will just de interlacing the final project work well?

To be clear, I did not shot at 24PA.

thanks for your help.

jP

Return to posts index

Alex Joseph
Re: FCP editing HVX 1080i 24 workflow
on Mar 25, 2011 at 5:40:28 pm

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/8/1105008

This thread should give you you're answer.

-Alex

Return to posts index

Jared Prindle
Re: FCP editing HVX 1080i 24 workflow
on Mar 25, 2011 at 5:55:46 pm

Thanks for the thread. I have read that and others similar and I feel I'm close but.

Shane said to capture and edit in 29.97. Ok but when I do FCP creates the seq settings with the first clip. I noticed that the field dominance is set to "NONE". The footage looks pretty poor albeit I'm looking on a computer monitor. If I change the field to "upper" on the seq settings some frames look better.

Should I leave it to NONE, edit the project and export through Compressor doing a reverse telecine?

Thanks for your patience.

jP

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]