FORUMS: list search recent posts

Super Fast Motion

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Bark
Super Fast Motion
on Mar 24, 2011 at 1:13:19 am

Trying to finger out how to best emulate an effect I saw on "The Vampire Diaries." It's a static frame with one character zipping across a room with lightning speed. Just a blur, really. (Cut to: Usually to pin some other character against a wall and say something menacing.)

Thought about shooting a static second or two then, without moving the camera shoot the character running across the room and ramping up in motion and pulling a mask in AE. But that's a serious ramp, and there's a blur and trails involved. I don't know. Just started thinking about it. Anyone know the effect I mean, and have any ideas?

David Bark
Lightshine Productions

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Super Fast Motion
on Mar 24, 2011 at 4:43:40 pm

Yeah, but you won't like it.

Shoot the room (non moving camera.) Let everyone react, etc. Clear the actors off screen.

Have your actor walk through the screen with two people holding a greenscreen behind your actor. You'll get perfect perspective and lighting (well, decent lighting - it'll make the key hard), but now you have them moving perfect through the space.

Then all you have to do is use a keyer and garbage matte out everything else.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC | Adobe Cert. Instructor
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
Come See me speak at NAB!
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]