FORUMS: list search recent posts

Log and Capture won't capture a whole DV tape

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Sharp
Log and Capture won't capture a whole DV tape
on Mar 23, 2011 at 7:46:57 pm

Hey all-

I am having a FCP issue and can't find a solution anywhere. I am running FCP Academic version 6.0.5 on a PowerMac G5, which is running OSX 10.5.8.

When importing footage (DV from a Sony GV-D1000 deck), I can control the deck through the Log & Capture controls. If I set it up to import and let it run, it behaves normally and appears to be capturing. Upon reaching the end of the tape, there is no file of the captured footage. I double checked my settings to make sure where the captured footage should be getting saved, but it does not appear there. A search of my drive does not reveal the file either.

I have double checked my scratch disks in system settings (network hard drive), double checked my capture settings (DV NTSC 48kHz), device settings (Firewire NTSC) and trashed my preferences. No change.

The only way I can Log & Capture is in short clips, pressing ESC to stop the capture, then rewinding a little and capturing another segment. I'd like to be able to capture whole tapes without doing this as it is time consuming.

Any idea how I can solve the problem?

Thanks for any help.

John- Lafayette, LA

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Log and Capture won't capture a whole DV tape
on Mar 23, 2011 at 8:27:00 pm

And what about the Scratch Disk?
Are you downloading to an external HD?
Which kind?
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Mar 23, 2011 at 8:38:29 pm

Sometimes when capturing to the end of a tape - you run out of Time-Code and FCP doesn't like that.
Try setting a in and an out and batch capture it.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Ken Jones
on Mar 24, 2011 at 4:03:32 am

Is the network drive you are using for your scratch disk formatted as FAT32? FAT32 can only capture 2GB at a time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]