FORUMS: list search recent posts

adding labels to clips on timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Elliott
adding labels to clips on timeline
on Mar 23, 2011 at 3:41:12 am

Is there a fast and automated way to add the filename of clips onto the timeline so it is superimposed over the clip? I have a lot of clips that need to be reviewed off line with my collaborators and we want to say yeah or nay keeping track of the yeah's filenames. This way I can go back to editing the yeah's and deleting the nay's. I know there is a filter to add timecode but this won't help me identify the filename without a lot of work.

I tried a plugin called TCR Plus but all it shows me is the reel name, time code and a generic note on top of the clip. I can format the text and place it where I want globally bt it just is not giving me the clips filenames which I really need to make this painless.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: adding labels to clips on timeline
on Mar 23, 2011 at 5:19:53 am

There's this:

http://assistedediting.intelligentassistance.com/ClipInfoTitler/

But really, all they need to give you is the timecode of the sequence, and you can go there, and see the clip they are talking about.

[Mike Elliott] "I know there is a filter to add timecode but this won't help me identify the filename without a lot of work."

No, it isn't a lot of work. If they give you the sequence code of 1:24:15:22...there is only one shot at that timecode. So that is your target.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mike Elliott
Re: adding labels to clips on timeline
on Mar 23, 2011 at 7:53:47 am

Thanks for the tip. I looked at it and seems better than the other plugin I tried so will give it a try tomorrow.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]