FORUMS: list search recent posts

Corrupt EX3 File

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roberto Rodriguez
Corrupt EX3 File
on Mar 22, 2011 at 11:01:04 pm

Hi everyone,

I was recently given a corrupt EX3 file and I was hoping somebody would have a clever solution on how I can retrieve the video. I will do my best to explain my issue.

I have the BPAV folder with all of its contents on a drive. I have narrowed the corrupt clips to two out of the 5 files that make up an interview. Apparently, the problem occurred in the 2nd and 3rd clips of the video chain. I am able to retrieve the 1st, 4th, and 5th files. Now I am missing a chuck in the middle which equals to about 20 minutes of the interview.

When I view the clips on the XD CAM EX Clip Browser, I am able to see the entire video. So I know the media is there. I can't transfer the clips into FCP because it causes it to crash and I can't copy the files onto another drive because an error occurs.

I tried working around it by exporting the missing section out of the EX Clip Browser and it worked. However I could only get a MXF file at the XDCAM EX compression that I need and I have no idea how to convert or transfer this file into FCP.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Roberto

Return to posts index

Neil Sadwelkar
Re: Corrupt EX3 File
on Mar 23, 2011 at 4:54:33 am

Take a look at Calibrated Software's MXF 4 Mac. This can handle the MXF files that you've created.

-----------------------------------
Neil Sadwelkar
neilsadwelkar.blogspot.com
twitter: fcpguru
FCP Editor, Edit systems consultant
Mumbai India

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]