FORUMS: list search recent posts

video glitches in fcp

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Haworth
video glitches in fcp
on Mar 22, 2011 at 4:52:07 am

Hey guys. I'm having a really debilitating issue while editing. I initially thought it was related to the Kona LHi I just added to my system, but I've removed the card, uninstalled all kona drivers, even run on a COMPLETELY different machine (same model though), and I still get these glitches while editing. Seems graphics card -related? Once it starts happening, I know I'm due for a crash very soon. There are a lot of variables to my configuration, and I'm in the process of eliminating each one, but thought I'd post this screenshot and see if it immediately rings any bells with anyone. I found this old post on Apple's support, it seems similar to mine, but the post is archived and I can't reply to see if the user found the culprit. Here is as much detail as I can give, like I said, i know there's a lot of variables in this equation, but if anyone gets any ideas from the screenshot I'd LOVE to hear them because this issue is killing me and my workflow. THANKS!!

Macpro 2x2.4 quadcore
24gb ram
stock ATI 5770
FCP 7.03
-footage is prores 4444, transcoded from RED via redrocket/redcine (i know, chunky...i'm going to xcode some to proxy tomorrow and see if that helps)
-i'm working with 2-cam multiclipped clips now (gonna try eliminating multiclips from my workflow too)
-footage is on a fibrenetix raid fibre channelled into my machine (gonna try some footage on a local drive too)

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: video glitches in fcp
on Mar 22, 2011 at 5:56:27 am

Graphics card. Replace it.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Daniel Haworth
on Mar 22, 2011 at 6:49:52 pm

Thanks Shane. Like i said though, this issue happens exactly the same on two completely separate machines (though they are the same model, with ATI 5770). Are people having issues with the 5770 in general?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 22, 2011 at 6:55:01 pm

Got me. I just know that looks like a graphics card glitch. that's what my x1900XT looked like before it POPPED and went dark.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Daniel Haworth
on Mar 23, 2011 at 6:00:45 pm

Updates:

-Ruled out possible issue with raid (copied media to local drive, reconnected, still having issue)
-Ruled out 444 bandwidth (xcoded to proxy, recon'ed, still having issue)

One thing worth noting, seems that when this issue presents itself, if I click over to the finder and back, it seems to fix itself (temporarily). Also, if I turn off "Playhead Sync: Open" it seems to fix itself temporarily. So it seems to be a multiclip issue. Lame. Anyone else have this issue with multiclips and video glitches->fcp crashes?

Return to posts index

Daniel Haworth
on Mar 26, 2011 at 5:14:31 am

So yeah, not that anyone cares ;( but it's definitely limited to multiclip editing using the playhead sync:open feature. Had that disabled for the last 2 days and encountered zero glitches, turned it back on and boom, stuttering frames, garbled screens, and crashes. Last time I'LL ever use FCP's multiclip feature, at least with 2 or 3 cam projects. To bad my assist already org'ed and sync'ed 3/4 of the project already with multiclip...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]