FORUMS: list search recent posts

Retouch wire on a product video shoot

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david fukumo
Retouch wire on a product video shoot
on Mar 21, 2011 at 1:34:41 am

Hi group, I am trying to plan a still life video shoot for my reel, and since I'm a beginner I wanted to ask what application you would use to retouch a guide wire from a set.

I am used to photoshop and figure I could retouch each frame but thought in video there must be some ways to do this.

I downloaded a weird app called cinepaint but not sure what it does it googled as a way to retouch wires but not much documentation.

I also do own the CS5 suite and I am on FCP 7.

Thank you David

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
Re: Retouch wire on a product video shoot
on Mar 21, 2011 at 6:32:52 am

Hard to say for sure without seeing the footage but depending on the composition of the frame, there may be a simpler solution.
Often you can replicate footage from just above/below/next to the wire and matte it in.
Pretty standard stuff done all the time to hide unwanted objects in the frame like utility wires, stray light stands etc.
You might have to use a combination of masks, mattes, keyframing and edge feathering to achieve good results depending on camera movement, lighting and whats in the foreground.
I would do this in Motion since thats what I use, but I assume CS5 can do the same.
Perhaps some others will chip in with alternate ideas.

Scott Sheriff
Director
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

I have a system, it has stuff in it, and stuff hooked to it. I have a camera, it can record stuff. I read the manuals, and know how to use this stuff and lots of other stuff too.
You should be suitably impressed...

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Mar 21, 2011 at 11:16:53 am

[david fuku] "Hi group, I am trying to plan a still life video shoot for my reel, and since I'm a beginner I wanted to ask what application you would use to retouch a guide wire from a set... I also do own the CS5 suite and I am on FCP 7"

I'd use After Effects -- specifically, the CC Simple Wire Removal effect.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Mar 22, 2011 at 9:40:43 am

Both of the above are right - hard to say without seeing the footage and the CC Simple Wire Removal effect would be my first suggestion.

Return to posts index

adam taylor
on Mar 23, 2011 at 12:29:47 pm

"...still life video" - isn't that a photograph?

Adam Taylor
Video Editor/Audio Mixer/ Compositor/Motion GFX/Barista
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

http://www.sculptedbliss.co.uk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]