FORUMS: list search recent posts

importing logos into FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harry Katz
importing logos into FCP
on Mar 19, 2011 at 3:13:28 am

I imported first an tiff, then a jpg, into my FCP timeline. When I export the video and image tracks, using the export to QuickTime with current settings, I get a large, beautiful rendition, and the photo image is great. The video is 1920 x 1080. But when I export to Compressor, to crop the video to 280 x 204, the video looks okay but the photo is very low res. Also, my LiveType titling becomes somewhat low res as well. Any ideas on how to preserve photo image quality when reducing/cropping video?

Harry Katz
harry1@harrykatz.com

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: importing logos into FCP
on Mar 19, 2011 at 5:36:52 am

[Harry Katz] "The video is 1920 x 1080. But when I export to Compressor, to crop the video to 280 x 204, the video looks okay but the photo is very low res"

Sounds normal.

You are dropping the resolution of the video so much that any graphics are going to look poor.

**Hindsight is always 1080p**

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Mar 19, 2011 at 3:57:14 pm

What did you compress to ~ outta compressor?

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Harry Katz
on Mar 19, 2011 at 10:33:08 pm

H.264
Key Frames: Every 150 frames
Compressor Quality Medium, Faster Encode (Single Pass)... didn't want to wait forever with the multi-pass option
Data Rate: restrict to 672kbps
Frame Controls: On: Resize Filter: Better. Output Fields: Progressive, Deinterlace: Better, Rate Conversion: Fast, Duration: 100% of source

Work on a 2.5 year old MacBook Pro with only 4GB RAM, so it can take a long time if I go for something like multi-pass. But maybe I'm asking too much after needing to reduce to 280 x 204.

I also have to convert to .flv following this, which even makes it worse, since my company website only has a Flash player. Any best practice into this conversion would be appreciated... currently using Adobe Media Encoder CS4 for this.

Thanks.

Harry Katz
harry1@harrykatz.com

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Mar 20, 2011 at 12:09:21 pm

Data Rate: restrict to 672kbps

This is why.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Harry Katz
on Mar 20, 2011 at 8:59:14 pm

Thanks, will change...

Now I discover that what I thought was converting to 280x204, is only converting to 478x 349... I could do this when I shot at 1440 x 1080, but now am shooting at 1920 x 1080... is this latest size too big for Compressor, or FCP for that matter (when I export using QuickTime Conversion and using the Crop option), to go as low as 280x204? the 478x349 happens to be in the same ratio as 280x204...

Thanks.

Harry Katz
harry1@harrykatz.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]