FORUMS: list search recent posts

many clips from each camera in multicam editing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Kubicki
many clips from each camera in multicam editing
on Mar 17, 2011 at 6:26:46 pm

I have searched for this answer but came up short. I have footage from an HPX300 and an HPX170 from a shoot we just completed.

I have ingested the P2 card footage from the HPX300 as AVCintra 720 30p, and that footage came in as 8 different clips in FCP7.

Then from the HPX170 the footage came in as 16 different clips in DVCPRO HD 720 30p. Because multicam clips require the same codec and size I used compressor to encode those 16 clips of DVCPRO HD into AVCintra 720 30p clips.

That worked, so all 24 clips are now the same codec and size. But how does one multicam edit 16 clips from 1 camera and 8 clips from another? I thought maybe there is a way to create 1 big clip from those 8 clips from camA and 1 big clips from those 16 clips from camB.

Before I went too far I thought I would ask here while I am searching for the answer.

Cheers,
Jason

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
Re: many clips from each camera in multicam editing
on Mar 17, 2011 at 6:54:02 pm

IMHO you should export 2 self contained QT files & then make a multiclip sequence out of those.

2.66 GHz 8-core, ATI Radeon HD 4870,
FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

"The creative person wants to be a know-it-all. He wants to know about all kinds of things: ancient history, nineteenth-century mathematics, current manufacturing techniques, flower arranging, and hog futures. Because he never knows when these ideas might come together to form a new idea. It may happen six minutes later or six months, or six years down the road. But he has faith that it will happen." -- Carl Ally

Return to posts index

Jason Kubicki
Re: many clips from each camera in multicam editing
on Mar 18, 2011 at 2:30:47 pm

That is an option I thought of, I just wanted to avoid another export/import.

Cheers,
Jason

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]