FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reconnecting Offline Media

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Nagle
Reconnecting Offline Media
on Mar 16, 2011 at 4:20:09 am

I have browsed the forum but have not seen a sufficient answer for my specific situation.

Today my editor gave me a FCP project file and two folders of clips on an external hard drive. I have never opened the project on my computer until now. When I open the project file, I see mostly offline files in the timeline. I've attempted to reconnect the media by opening the connect media dialogue box; however, the files on the external are not recognized by FCP. The exception is one file -- and if open that one file, several other files come along with it.

I have noticed that FCP accurately recognizes the successful files' source codes (a path to the external hard drive.) The other offline files have a source code that leads back to my editor's computer. So, I guess my question is how do I change all of the offline files' source code while still maintaining the exactness of the files in their current state? I have tried (seemingly) everything I can think of and have read the manual.

One more thing, the files that are reconnected, reconnect to their respective bins, but not to the timeline; however, I can drop the bin over the desired sequence on the timeline and everything is connected.

I appreciate any information at all -- and if you require more description of the issue, I am happy to provide it.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Reconnecting Offline Media
on Mar 16, 2011 at 11:59:45 am

Right click on missing clip
choose reconnect.
Nav to where the clips are.
If you see the clip and FCP does not.
Uncheck "Matched Name and Reel only" box.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]