FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why FCP7 do not save my projec, but create a files like tmp.IebQgg?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bernardo Perez
Why FCP7 do not save my projec, but create a files like tmp.IebQgg?
on Mar 11, 2011 at 6:16:24 pm

Hi, i create a project in FCP7, i work on that and its ok, but when i try to re-open that project, FCp says "unable to open project file", but if i choose a file like tmp.IebQgg that have been saved automatically belong my original project, FCP opens my last session (if i was lucky) or open a old session of my original project, then when i saved the project again, FCP create new tmp´s files.

Please, how i repair this problem, every project that i created cant´be opened, only tmp files. Thanks

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Why FCP7 do not save my projec, but create a files like tmp.IebQgg?
on Mar 12, 2011 at 3:31:46 am

Hi Bernardo,
In 9 years working with FC I've never heard of that, but with the little info you give about your system/setting, etc, is impossible to try to figure out what's going on.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Bernardo Perez
on Mar 13, 2011 at 5:07:04 am

Hi Rafael

Thanks for your post, effectively, the problem was disk format (NTFS) read in Mac using an aplication called MacFuse; that instead formats like Mac OS, or fat32... only in these harddisks NTFS the problem did happen with all the proyects (damn with the pc-mac workflow in job, hahah), everything is fine now.

Return to posts index

Moira Allen
on Sep 6, 2011 at 1:55:29 pm

I am having exactly the same problem with my MAC and FCP. Could explain in detail have you fixed this issue? I sure appreciate it - Thanks.

Return to posts index

Bernardo Perez
on Sep 7, 2011 at 4:20:04 am

Hi Moira,

The problem was FCP cannot save projects in a NTFS formated disk. I resolve that only saved my project file in a MacOS disk, or FAT32 disk. The studio in i was working, had been formated its hard disks in NTFS to enable storage files larger than 4gb, to use over PC and Mac. But that system format is incompatible with FCP proyects... I prefer work on MacOS disk than FAt32 and NTFS formats. Excuse my english, but i hope this info will can help you. Cheers!

Return to posts index

Vasia Markides
on Oct 16, 2011 at 5:49:38 pm

Hi Bernando,

Thanks so much for your response. I've been having the same problem. This was a really helpful response.
Another problem I'm having which may be related to the same thing (namely the NTFS formatted drive) is that all the files I reconnect on my project do not stay connected. I'll save the project and shut down the program and then when I reopen it the project file, it asks me to reconnect all the media again.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]