FORUMS: list search recent posts

Picture Frame for a Picture in a Slide Show?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Hughes
Picture Frame for a Picture in a Slide Show?
on Mar 11, 2011 at 1:09:46 am

We had a client in yesterday creating a slide show with my editor. She was super particular. One of the things she asked for with a few of the pictures was some sort of picture frame around them. My editor said we can't do it with the picture moving so much, and with it layered with other moving pictures on the screen. We'd have to spend forever making the frame move with the picture.

My editor's brilliant, super fast, capable of anything. When the client left, I said, "Of course we can do something like that right? If you're unable to do it within FC, I'm sure there's some simple program we can pick up to do just that."

I imagine one could quickly open the picture in a simple photo software program like Picasa, give it a picture frame (Picasa can't do it but they have a link to another site called PicNik that can), frame the picture then bring it back into FC. Hmmm... may have just answered my question.

Are there other ways as easy or easier? tx

Thomas H

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Picture Frame for a Picture in a Slide Show?
on Mar 11, 2011 at 1:21:48 am

Like everything else in FCP there are numerous way to do the job, but the easiest way for you and your editor is to make a single composite of the picture and frame as one element so you can move them together at all times as a single unit. Otherwise, as your editor feared, you will have to figure out how to move the two elements in unison, which would really requiring tracking in order to be 100% seamless.

I'd suggest that find and hijack a frame from an existing source, composite your picture onto the frame and crop appropriately. Adding a drop shadow will help sell it.

Doing the whole enchilada in Motion or After Effects would be easier if you or editor were versed in either app, but I suspect you would already be doing that if your were.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Picture Frame for a Picture in a Slide Show?
on Mar 12, 2011 at 6:21:54 am

Easiest way is to put the 2 layers together, and press shift n to get a freeze frame of the simple composite. Return to animating. Takes like 2 seconds.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]