FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP mouse shortcuts

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Rosemark
FCP mouse shortcuts
on Mar 10, 2011 at 8:18:58 pm

I can't believe after all of these years I haven't thought of this... but! I think it would be really awesome if I could bind my center wheel to zoom in and zoom out of my time-line. That would probably save me several hundred keystrokes a job. Anyone have any ideas on this one?

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
Re: FCP mouse shortcuts
on Mar 10, 2011 at 9:02:52 pm

Get a Wacom tablet and assign two of the function keys to zoom in and out of the timeline.

Scott Sheriff
Director
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

I have a system, it has stuff in it, and stuff hooked to it. I have a camera, it can record stuff. I read the manuals, and know how to use this stuff and lots of other stuff too.
You should be suitably impressed...

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Mar 10, 2011 at 9:29:03 pm

I have used a microsoft 5 button mouse from day one with the side switches set for zoom in and out. I keep the wheel for adjusting values, not zooming.

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
on Mar 10, 2011 at 9:23:43 pm

That's a good idea.

Return to posts index

Dustin Rosemark
on Mar 10, 2011 at 10:41:15 pm

Thanks for the help guys, all great ideas... but I would really just like to bind the current mouse that I have with zoom in/zoom out functions. I was playing around with "Customize Keyboard Layout" and it is simple enough to bind key's from the keyboard but I can't seem to figure out how to bind a mouse function and am wondering if I am missing something or if there is a work around to solve the problem.

Return to posts index

Dustin Rosemark
on Mar 10, 2011 at 10:46:54 pm

Oh! and I am working in 6.0.6

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Mar 10, 2011 at 11:59:47 pm

Get your hands off the mouse, you will edit faster. Command +

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Mar 11, 2011 at 12:16:39 am

[Steve Eisen] "Get your hands off the mouse, you will edit faster. Command +"

Couldn't disagree more. I use color coded FCP key caps and mostly use the keyboard, but when it comes to selecting clips, I am often wanting to zoom in and out, particularly if lasooing a range so being able to zoom without taking my hand off the mouse is a time saver. It also means I don't have to look away from the screen.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 13, 2011 at 7:24:56 pm

I agree. But getting your hands off the mouse makes it LOOK like you're editng faster with all those buttons you have to press to achieve the same thing as click, drag.

I've even go to a magic trackpad with the addition on better touch tool plugin to be able to map just about any finger gesture to anything I want.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pierce
on Mar 15, 2011 at 6:48:18 pm

"Get your hands off the mouse, you will edit faster. Command +"

Get your finger off the Command button. Map the zoom in/out functions to the +/- keys and you'll edit faster. :-)

Return to posts index

Dustin Rosemark
on Mar 11, 2011 at 9:23:24 am

Ok.... again! Thanks for your advice all but I am really only interested in reading posts that are addressed to solving my problem! So ANYONE know how to bind a mouse wheel to the zoom command in FCP 6.0.6?

Return to posts index

Gard Cookson
on Mar 11, 2011 at 3:12:34 pm

Hi Dustin,

This is actually quite easy to do using our HD Mouse software (free trial, $9.95 to buy). The software allows you to program just about anything to your mouse including macros. http://www.Bella-USA.com/HDMouse. I hope this helps!

Best,
Gard

Bella Corporation
http://www.Bella-USA.com

Video Editing Keyboard | HD Mouse | Keyboard Shortcut Skins | Keyboard Stickers

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Mar 11, 2011 at 3:51:45 pm

I use a ShuttlePro II with the Jog wheel set to Zoom in/Zoom out on the timeline. Very fast.
Tom

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 13, 2011 at 7:27:18 pm

Check out the "better touch tool" sytem pref plugin. It works with the magic mouse, regular mouse, and trackpad and can map just about anything to anything.

Return to posts index

Dustin Rosemark
on Mar 15, 2011 at 6:53:44 pm

Thanks this is exactly what I was looking for! Is there a way to get it to zoom with Inertia like the magic mouse does with webpages? Can't figure that part out?

Return to posts index

Sal Jr Castellanos
on Oct 8, 2013 at 9:50:11 pm

did you ever figure this out? i couldn't figure out how to assign my scroll wheel to zoom in/out in FCP 7

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]