FORUMS: list search recent posts

why do I need to render if sequence setting and clip setting are the same?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yazhi Li
why do I need to render if sequence setting and clip setting are the same?
on Mar 10, 2011 at 5:27:12 pm

Hi now I have a problem when editing on FCP.
I know that if I don't want to waste time on rendering, I shall matching the sequence setting and clip setting and actually, I have done that, but red bar is still on top of my timeline. I used to think maybe there was something wrong with my setting, so I rendered part of the clip and got a new clip in my FCP render file folder. Then, I imported the new fresh video into fcp and drag it into my timeline, wow, red bar appeared again! I still needed to render! I'm very confused.
Could anyone help me?
Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: why do I need to render if sequence setting and clip setting are the same?
on Mar 10, 2011 at 6:00:27 pm

The red bar indicates you have not properly matched your sequence settings as you thought you did... This is most likely because you either tried to do it manually and missed something, or because you did it properly, but then tried to use Sequence 1, which was already set improperly.

In either case, open a new sequence and drop a clip of your material on the timeline, and answer "yes" when FCP asks if it should match the seq. settings to the video format. Once you do that you'll be fine if your system has what it takes to handle the codec you're using.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Yazhi Li
on Mar 12, 2011 at 9:50:08 pm

Thank you so much for your helping. I have resolved it.
I clicked the RT button on right up corner on my timeline and change "safe RT" to "unlimited RT".
Then the red bar become kind of orange. I don't need to render my clip even it isn't green.

Return to posts index

marie trolle
on Jul 3, 2011 at 2:51:39 pm

Hello David,

I'm having the same problem with some footage that I did not shoot and capture myself but got from someone who had imported it into iMovie first. I have tried to set the sequence to match the clips but still I am told I need to render.

When I do exactly what you say (create new sequence and click yes to matching it with my clip) and I still get the red needs render bar. Do you have any idea as to what could be wrong?

I hope you or someone else can help with this.

Marie

Return to posts index

Maren Wickwire
on Jul 10, 2012 at 1:56:40 pm

Hi David,

I did exactly what you said with matching sequence settings, but still have to render. Any suggestion?

thanks
maren

Return to posts index

Robbie Palms
on Jul 14, 2013 at 3:57:50 pm

hello
I had this problem this afternoon and i checked the sequence and clip settings about 8 billion times and they were the same, I had a little mardy and shouted at my laptop alot.
After this resolved nothing, I found that if you click the RT button in the top left of the timeline and tick frame rate playback as 'dynamic' and playback video quality as 'dynamic annd also make sure the RT is ticked as 'unlimited' (at the top)it got rid of that red little bitch of a render bar.
Hope this helps!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]