FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adjusting Motion Effects to Multiple Clips in a Bin

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Holland
Adjusting Motion Effects to Multiple Clips in a Bin
on Mar 9, 2011 at 3:31:59 pm

Hi all,

Hope all is well. First off to set the scene we shoot on a Panasonic HVX-200 with a 35mm adaptor and it flips the footage. I tend to go through my footage in the bins before adding it to a timeline.

What I have been doing is going into the motion settings and rotating the clips by 180. The problem is that when there are a lot of clips I can't figure out a way to do it to multiple clips or to just copy the attributes. Trying to use copy then Paste Attributes doesn't work. Is there a way to copy motion settings to other clips in a bin or to do a mass motion change in a bin ?

I realize i can drop all the clips into a timeline and then copy the attributes to every other clip but I was just hoping there was a way to do it in the bins to the Raw Shots.

Thanks.

Chris

Chris Holland
Editor/Animation/Design
hollandedit.com

Return to posts index

Dan Monro
Re: Adjusting Motion Effects to Multiple Clips in a Bin
on Mar 10, 2011 at 7:04:27 pm

How about saving your 180 flip as a motion favorite? I don't know of a way to apply it to a group of clips at the bin level, but at least its a simple keystroke (control shift 5) once you call up a clip. If you do it prior to cutting, just apply the favorite each time you put a clip in the viewer.

Not a solution, but a workaround...

Cheers,
D

Dan Monro
FCP, Avid, AfterFX, Atlanta
MacBook Pro 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5 4 GB ram
Mac OS X 10.6.4
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Final Cut Pro 7 Quicktime 7.6.6
- OR -
2 x 3.2 Quad Xeon; 16 GB ram
Mac OS X 10.6.4