FORUMS: list search recent posts

18 clip multi camera edit

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adam chesbrough
18 clip multi camera edit
on Mar 8, 2011 at 7:29:45 pm

I am editing a music video with 18 clips synced to the same music. I matched everything up in pluraleyes and used pluraleyes to create my multi-clip sequence. I am only able to see four of the clips at a time (and have to scroll up and down to view the others. Is there anyway to get all 18 clips in the viewer? (I could use my 27" monitor to house the viewer and keep the rest of the FCP project on my other monitor. I imagine this is possible. THanks

macbook pro 17" i7, 8GB RAM
esata external HD 7200RPM
-----
canon 5D mark II, 24-70mm, 50mm, 15mm fisheye, juicedink DT454, zacuto striker

Return to posts index

keith mcgregor
Re: 18 clip multi camera edit
on Mar 8, 2011 at 8:39:36 pm

Yeah, you're doing too much for your screen on a laptop. You should be using a tower with 24 inch and larger screen, also get rid of other windows and just have viewer, timeline and canvas and have the viewer on the secondary monitor.
-Beef

Reality? What did you make it?

Return to posts index

adam chesbrough
on Mar 8, 2011 at 9:01:48 pm

So is it an issue with the video card (Nvidia GT 330M)? The computer is having no issue at all streaming all the sources (ProRes LT and ProRes 422 files, 1280 by 720 @ 24fps). Is there an option where I can choose how many clips I can view at the same time (lets just assume that I had a tower or would final cut just increase the number of "thumbnails" in the viwer depending on the capabilities of my computer (that is unlikely as NLE always give you the change to go beyond your means, footage then usually just doesn't stream correctly)

Also, I have the dell U2711 attached via display port which I use as my main monitor and my laptop as the secondary.

And these aren't 18 angles of the same shot, but 18 scenes that all go to the same music (some of the takes are the same, but with different action)

2 RAID 0 esata external HD 7200RPM

Return to posts index

Devin Crane
on Mar 8, 2011 at 9:32:49 pm

Although it would be better and easier to have a larger monitor, you need to click the third oval at the top of the "Viewer" and choose "Multiclip 16-up" either that or change your viewing % to fit to screen.

Return to posts index

adam chesbrough
on Mar 8, 2011 at 10:44:37 pm

Exactly what I was looking for and streams pretty well on the 2010 i7, thanks for you help

2 RAID 0 esata external HD 7200RPM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]