FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM HD - FCP INGEST from external drive

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mustafa Bhagat
XDCAM HD - FCP INGEST from external drive
on Mar 8, 2011 at 5:58:05 pm

Hello!

I have searched hi and low and have officially been banging my head against the wall.

I have a drive given to me by a client. I believe it has footage shot on a Sony EX HD camera. There are 2 days of shooting, about 14 cards total. Each card folder on the drive has a number of folders some with MXF media.

For the life of me I cannot get this footage in final cut in an appropriate format. I have used the log and transfer tool but it brings in this footage as DVCPROHD. I have tried the import function with xd cam but it will not see the stuff on the drive.

Help!

Thanks
Mustafa

Final cut 7

Return to posts index

Paul Jay
Re: XDCAM HD - FCP INGEST from external drive
on Mar 8, 2011 at 6:16:03 pm

You 'believe' it was shot on xdcam?
Dvcpro HD IS an appropriate format.
Obviously it hasnt been shot in xdcam
Log and transfer cant create dvcpro hd when the source isnt.

Check your cameraman.

Return to posts index

Mustafa Bhagat
on Mar 8, 2011 at 6:35:56 pm

Thanks for the response.

the folders on my drive here have MXF format in the 'video' folder. I thought that was XDCAM format?

also - the DVCPRO HD footage that was ingested via log and transfer does not playback in my timeline. no red bar just won't go out through my MATROX MINI. I tried adjusting the settings in the log and transfer preferences to pro res but its still just ingesting as DVCPRO HD.

I have a call into the production company but the shooter was a day person in alaska so there is a bit of delay in communication.

thanks again
MB

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 8, 2011 at 6:52:02 pm

If you have a CONTENTS folder with VIDEO, CLIP, AUDIO, PROXY...etc...that's a P2 format. Panasonic P2. And if it comes in as DVCPRO HD...then it is from a DVCPRO HD P2 camera.

Now, to view this, you need to choose the proper settings for the type you have. If it is 720p footage, then you need to use the Matrox DVCPRO HD 720p 8 bit video out options. If it is 1080, then use the Matrox DVCPRO HD 1080i 29.97 8-bit option. DVCPRO HD is an 8-bit format.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]