FORUMS: list search recent posts

To check everything

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nick avaliani
To check everything
on Mar 8, 2011 at 4:07:48 pm

This is final week for me to deliver TIFFs for DCP making

on 17th March there is release date for my movie.

So I am doing image sequence like this:

1. After getting rendered and ready video in FCP I exported QT self contained settings without compression.
2. I opened QT movie in quicktime player and started Exporting image sequence 24 fps, tiff, no compression.
3. I exported mono wav files from FCP.

I am getting tiff images of each frame with volume 6.2MB exactly. I already tested 2 minutes DCP in theater and I liked quality and colors and everything. SO that time files were also 6.2MB, but that time I exported image sequence from FCP. Now I am exporting from QT because FCP stuck in the middle of the movie several times.

SO anything wrong? or any recommendations?

One unusual thing is cinema told me to make 2048X1080 TIFS, But I am delivering 1920X1080 and they said it will be OK, just there will be black lines on the right and left side. If I make 2048X1080 there will be black lines either case so I think it does not make sense to make and rerender again at 2048X1080 and add matte etc. So let it be 1920X1080.

I am little bit concerned may be exporting image sequence from FCP was better quality?????? I did not notice difference in images and size of an image is the same but however just curious.

Return to posts index

keith mcgregor
Re: To check everything
on Mar 8, 2011 at 8:11:08 pm

As long as you're not compressing there should really be no difference between fcp and qt.
Just curious: is the movie actually in a 2048 (2K) timeline? Then why not? (i know, time and size) But the theater should be scaling up the 1920 file anyway?
Tiffs huh? I actually prefer png files myself but I never have rendered image files out of fcp, only 3d packages, and this new qt sucks all over.
-Beef

Reality? What did you make it?

Return to posts index

nick avaliani
on Mar 8, 2011 at 10:04:24 pm

Can you explain why qt sucks? And if you have never exported from fcp so from what you exported?

And I did not get your question at the end.

Return to posts index

keith mcgregor
on Mar 9, 2011 at 5:06:40 pm

QT doesn't suck, it's avi that is a problem (at least for me it has been). You said the images were fine so why do you now say QT sucks?
- "I am little bit concerned may be exporting image sequence from FCP was better quality?????? I did not notice difference in images and size of an image is the same but however just curious."-
I do not render out image sequences from final cut, I deal with contained QT movies and have never had a problem. Since I don't know what the standards for DCP are I cannot recommend any settings but it seems as if it would be jpg2000? I can't find much info on it on the web but I am looking. Meanwhile, I saw a post here somewhere that talks about a folder having a file limit. If your movie is long then there might be a file limit per folder and that's where it stops. I have always used After Effects render engine to process many image sequences and then join them together since my deliveries have been 1 QT file.
-"And I did not get your question at the end."-
That's because it's philosophical and it's just a message signature...the phrase goes, "Reality is what you make of it." So I ask the question what you made, not directly at you, but everybody. It's kinda rhetorical.
-Beef

Reality? What did you make it?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]