FORUMS: list search recent posts

* 4:3 Letterbox SD PAL *

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marinus Denton
* 4:3 Letterbox SD PAL *
on Mar 7, 2011 at 11:23:15 pm

Hi.

I would like to know some really helpful information and the best ways to do the things I mentioned below in Final Cut Studio (Final Cut Pro, Compressor, DVD Studio Pro, etc.).

The footage you've collected is 16:9 (1920x1080) and your final product needs to be 4:3 (720x576) Letterbox SD PAL DVD.

- After capturing, what is the first steps before you make a sequence in FCP ?

- What does the sequence settings need to be. Frame Size and Pixel Aspect Ratio 16:9 (1920x1080) or 4:3 (720x576) and what compression type do you need to use ?

- When you're finished with your edit do you export it 16:9 (1920x1080) or 4:3 (720x576) ?

- What settings do you need to use in Compressor in order for the final video to be right for DVD Studio Pro ?

In DVD Studio Pro how can make your DVD letterbox, is this then the 16:9 or 4:3 edit that you're using ?

Or share any info that I've not mentioned that I need to know which is part of the solution of this query.

Thanks

Marinus

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: * 4:3 Letterbox SD PAL *
on Mar 7, 2011 at 11:48:25 pm

Marinus, this has been such a common question that the answer is in the FAQ under Conversions. The link is at the top near "add a new post"

http://forums.creativecow.net/faq/applefinalcutpro

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 8, 2011 at 1:03:10 am

Letterboxing is something a DVD PLAYER does to a widescreen file so that it can be viewed correctly on a 4:3 screen. You do not letterbox a file for DVD.

You simply edit in the native 1080 format. Then export a self-contained QT file at current settings. Take that file into compressor and choose the DVD Preset for the length program you have. You can use toast or DVD studio pro to create your DVD from this file.

Return to posts index

Marinus Denton
on Mar 8, 2011 at 3:02:37 am

Thx Michael & Bret

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]