FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Preference Managers

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Delaney
FCP Preference Managers
on Mar 7, 2011 at 5:03:37 pm

We use to have a preference manager called FCP Rescue, but a post I found via a COW search says it's discontinued. A couple people have mentioned that Digital Rebellion FCP Preference Manager is better anyway. Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with either of these two FCP preference managers or others you may know of?

FCP Preference Manager
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/finalcutstudio/preferencemanager.html

Reinphase FCP Manager
http://www.reinphase.com/en/

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
Re: FCP Preference Managers
on Mar 7, 2011 at 5:06:38 pm

Lots of us use pref manager.

its also free

Return to posts index

Jon Chappell
on Mar 7, 2011 at 7:07:58 pm

The main difference between Preference Manager and the competing apps is that Preference Manager manages preferences for ALL apps in the studio, not just Final Cut Pro.

You can also lock preferences to prevent them from becoming corrupt - I'm not aware of any other app that has this feature.

It's free so you've got nothing to lose by trying it out.

And if you opt for the (paid) FCS Maintenance Pack and Network Admin tools, you can schedule tasks, manage all of your preferences across a network and sync between computers.

(note: I am the developer of Preference Manager)

My software:
FCS Maintenance Pack - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
FCP Versioner - Backs up Final Cut Pro projects to XML and creates changelists for each revision
More tools...

Return to posts index

John Delaney
on Mar 7, 2011 at 7:46:23 pm

Thanks guys. That's the answer i expected ... planning to get the full FCS Maintenance Pack so I just wanted some feedback first.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]