FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media offline in Final Cut Pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kristine halmrast
Media offline in Final Cut Pro
on Mar 2, 2011 at 6:38:24 pm

I´ve overwrote my film project on my Mac Mini, with new edited files from my external harddisk. When I open the project in Final Cut pro, some clips in the timeline are offline. Still I can play it as normal, and export it as normal. When I click on the clips / go reconnect media (it finds the source automatically), it goes back to online..., but only for some time.

Does anyone have a clue what this is?
If I play it from my external harddisk everything is fine...

Kristine

Kristine

Return to posts index

John VonMutius
Re: Media offline in Final Cut Pro
on Mar 2, 2011 at 7:43:55 pm

So basically, the thumbnail isn't showing up in the Timeline. Could be a glitch, could be because of where your media is located (is it on the boot drive), but it sounds like it's not keeping you from working. Am I right?

---
Exploring the pitfalls of the 5D workflow. The many, many pitfalls...

Return to posts index

kristine halmrast
on Mar 2, 2011 at 7:52:46 pm

Thanks for a quick response.
Yep. 5d here as well. Thought I had everything worked out, but nooo...
The media is located on the bootdrive.
No, nothing is keeping me from working, except worries that something is wrong, and that the whole thing will crash anytime, and I won´t make it to the deadline.

I saw a similar thread, where they´ve succeded by erasing the thumbnail scratch disk. So, I might try that.

Kristine

Kristine

Return to posts index

John VonMutius
on Mar 2, 2011 at 8:52:23 pm

Good idea. Wish I'd thought of it. :) I've learned with FCP that if it doesn't keep me from working, it's probably not worth messing around with. There are quite a few bugs and odd behaviors that I generally ignore. And, yes, the whole thing might crash at any time, but that's not because of thumbnails, it's just because FCP has some issues. That's why Autosave is so great.

---
Exploring the pitfalls of the 5D workflow. The many, many pitfalls...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]