FORUMS: list search recent posts

Easy setup for Panasonic ag-hpx170p ..any advice would be appreciated !!!!!!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dom Butler
Easy setup for Panasonic ag-hpx170p ..any advice would be appreciated !!!!!!
on Mar 2, 2011 at 12:18:51 am

Hi,

I am struggling to find the correct settings in easy setup and audio/video settings for my Panasonic AG-HPX170P using Final Cut Pro 7.
I have been shooting at 1080i24p and then when I try to bring the files in to Final Cut 7 I am unable to bring them in at 24p as they always revert to being 29.97fps when they appear in the browser ???
Please can anyone advise as to the correct settings in easy setup and audio/video settings to resolve my problem ???
Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Easy setup for Panasonic ag-hpx170p ..any advice would be appreciated !!!!!!
on Mar 2, 2011 at 4:51:17 am

If you chose 1080i24p, then you shot 24p over 30fps...at 29.97. You shot the 24p LOOK at 29.97fps. If you wanted 24fps, you needed to shoot 1080i24pA...a for ADVANCED PULLDOWN. Then FCP would see this flag and remove the redundant frames.

For now you will have to use Cinema Tools to reverse telecine the footage.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Dom Butler
Re: Easy setup for Panasonic ag-hpx170p ..any advice would be appreciated !!!!!!
on Mar 2, 2011 at 5:57:39 am

Thanks for your response Shane.
So could you then explain to me how to use Cinema Tools to reverse telecine the footage ??

Thanks

If you chose 1080i24p, then you shot 24p over 30fps...at 29.97. You shot the 24p LOOK at 29.97fps. If you wanted 24fps, you needed to shoot 1080i24pA...a for ADVANCED PULLDOWN. Then FCP would see this flag and remove the redundant frames.

For now you will have to use Cinema Tools to reverse telecine the footage.

Shane

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]