FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing a Pro Res file

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Hill
Importing a Pro Res file
on Feb 25, 2011 at 12:22:52 am

I'm using a mac pro but it happens on my laptop as well. The file started out as an h264 given to me and was unable to convert it to ProRes using Compressor without it stuttering. But I was able to convert the file by exporting as ProRes in QT7. It stutters in Browser but plays fine in the timeline? So I can continue to cut with it in the timeline but when I export to a quicktime it does not show me what is in the timeline, which makes editing useless.

Thank you!

Importing ProRes file from a firewire drive -G-Tech 1 gb Raid - using 800 firewire)

Mac Pro OS 10.5.8

FCP 7.0.3

Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 4
Memory: 6 GB

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Importing a Pro Res file
on Feb 25, 2011 at 1:08:18 am

Lots of potential for problems here. Does the frame rate and frame size match exactly your sequence?

Return to posts index

John Hill
Re: Importing a Pro Res file
on Feb 25, 2011 at 2:35:40 am

Thanks for replying. Yes, frame rate 23.98 and the size 853x480 of the Pro Res matches sequence settings of 23.98 and size of 720x480 with anamorphic checked.

And if I drop the pro res directly into my timeline it plays beautifully. The only problem is that when I match back it doesn't match back to the same frame and when I make a quicktime of the timeline it's not the same as the sequence.

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]