FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Error: Out of Memory

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Beadle
FCP Error: Out of Memory
on Feb 24, 2011 at 6:50:19 pm

OK... I know there have been several post on Out of Memory issues, but i have read almost every single one and nothing matches my situation... Having several issues with Final Cut running "Out of Memory" while rendering. RAM checks out fine upon testing. No crazy formats and no stills in the timeline. There are only 10 shots in a 30 sec timeline. Just 2 steams of Apple ProRes HQ during a dissolve, nothing else. thoughts?

Also been having video playback issues where the video keeps playing, but the canvas and output monitor are only looping a hand full of frames.

12 core Mac Pro, 48 GB RAM, ATI 5770 for GUI, Blackmagic Decklink Extreme 3D, Sonnet eSata Card, Cubix PCIe Xpander containing 2 x Quadro 4800 cards, and RED Rocket... (the system was built to run DaVinci Resolve)

Thx,
Rob

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: FCP Error: Out of Memory
on Feb 24, 2011 at 11:24:13 pm

Do you really have three graphics cards? Obviously all your PCI slots are taken up with that many I/O devices. When running FCP, I suggest unplugging the cubix with the 4800 cards. As far as I know, FCP only works with one graphics card and the ATI is prefered.

As for the Decklink and Red Rocket together that should be OK but the playback looping sounds like the Decklink is unhappy. Perhaps drivers for the Decklink are an issue. I would talk to them about mixing all those I/O cards. Perhaps the actual PCI slot number is the issue.

Return to posts index

Shawn Bann
Re: FCP Error: Out of Memory
on Feb 25, 2011 at 2:16:31 am

try trashing your render files

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]