FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quicktime Chapter Markers for iPhone videos-Compressor Failure

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Al Davis
Quicktime Chapter Markers for iPhone videos-Compressor Failure
on Feb 24, 2011 at 6:17:48 pm

Experiencing a frustrating problem. I am attempting to produce an H.264 video for a client that will play on iPhones (and iPads) utilizing "chapter markers". I am following the conventional work-flow. Assigning the markers in FCP; then outputting a self-contained .mov that recognize the markers. A free-standing QT playback reveals them: and they function fine.Import into compressor (still see the markers in the preview window); and assign one of the iPhone presets. I then get a failure notice (3x crash service down). The output plays fine in QT, but NO chapter markers.

I repeated the same process on my MacBook Pro laptop, and it worked like a charm!!

I have re-run the most recent Pro-Apps update, and updated to 10.6.6 (from 10.6.5) to no avail. I also ran "compressor repair"

All currant software versions. MacPro/2.66/Quadcore/8 GB Ram

Any suggestions?

Many Thanks!

Al Davis
Visual Velocity
Brookline, MA

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Quicktime Chapter Markers for iPhone videos-Compressor Failure
on Feb 24, 2011 at 10:32:27 pm

You are adding them as "Chapter" markers and only exporting as such in the QT Movie Export dialogue, right?

I just did this yesterday and it works a treat like it always has.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Al Davis
on Feb 24, 2011 at 11:22:14 pm

Yes - Chapter markers only.
Thanks for your response Jeremy; but as I said: worked fine for me as well on my Macbook pro that is similarly configured. So I surmise that something is up with either Compressor or the vaunted "Qmaster" on my Mac Pro Tower. But what???? I tried quite a few obvious moves (see my original post).

Al Davis
Visual Velocity
Brookline, MA

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 25, 2011 at 5:23:20 pm

I would try to export that movie again.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved