FORUMS: list search recent posts

Onlining subclibs from FCP to Red Cine-x

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lars Berg
Onlining subclibs from FCP to Red Cine-x
on Feb 24, 2011 at 5:26:14 pm

Hello,

I recieved a short movie shot on red and are just about to start syncing. However, do i need to sync the material in Red-Cinex first, or can i export the video files (to Prores 422 Proxy), import them to FCP and then syncing them creating a subclib for each take?

My worries is that Red Cine-x will have trouble onlining the edited movie in 4k or other resolutions afterwards trough XML since the subclip names will have a different name than the original R3d file?

I dread being stuck with a nononlineable movie after weeks of work, so a suggestion on the best approach to this would be welcome.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Onlining subclibs from FCP to Red Cine-x
on Feb 24, 2011 at 11:12:46 pm

Not sure how Red Cine X handles the XML. It should be able to link the subclip to the original file name which will match the R3D.

The other option is to use Media Manager to create an offline version using file names not clip names and then exporting that XML and relinking the R3D. (Don't delete unused media as that will change file names)

You should do a small test and see. Please let us know what works.

Return to posts index

Lars Berg
Re: Onlining subclibs from FCP to Red Cine-x
on Feb 25, 2011 at 9:52:32 am

The subclip solution didn't work since i need to have each clip in a separate sequence when making a subclip from the timeline, just realized that. Tried doing a test with syncing the clips then exporting them, and then reimport. FCP doesen't seem to preserve the metadata when exporting twice (firsts from Cine-x then from FCP).

Tried using the mediamanager but when i export an xml from the timeline and import to Cine-x, Cine-x doesen't seem to recognize the XML, and sometimes crashes.

Seems the solution will be to sync everything in CIne-x and then export the video and audio together. The problem is when i use the "attach audio" command and select audio files, im only able to choose 1. Whenever i import an additional file (since the boom track, microport1 and microport 2 is divided into 3 separate tracks) it seems to simply replace the old audio file with a new one. Is there a way to make it import all 3 at once on the same clip?
The audio files is in wav format by the way.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]