FORUMS: list search recent posts

ProRes422 or LT Export? What

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allen Esmail
ProRes422 or LT Export? What
on Feb 24, 2011 at 4:53:11 pm

I have A Macbook Pro Running With Final Cut Pro. Canon 7D.
I Have Imported My Footage Via Tapeless Format Using Pro Res 422. Should I Use Pro Res LT Instead?
Once I Have Done This I Try To Edit A Simple Color Change Or Clip + The Render Still Takes Ages..

Even After It Finishes Rendering My Footage Doesnt Come Out The Way I Shot It.

1.What Settings To I Change...To Render Easily?

2. What Settings Do I Use To Export The Best Vimeo or Youtube DVD Quality I Can Get.

3. I Just Want To Know What Everyone Else Is Doing... Simple... 7D Like Majority... Final Cut Pro....Mac OsX....Why The Eff Is This So Complicated... lol

4 What Settings Do I Change! I Basically Want The Best Quality I Can Get!
Someone make a tutorial instead of sitting on these forums....

Allen

Return to posts index

Tony Silanskas
Re: ProRes422 or LT Export? What
on Feb 25, 2011 at 4:12:30 pm

All these questions can be answered with a simple search on these here forums... but to get you started:

1.) I don't know how much easier it gets than hitting CMD R to render. =) ProRes 422 LT only renders slightly faster than ProRes 422. I personally transcode my 5D/7D stuff to ProRes 422 as it gives me a bit more information to work with when doing color-corrections and effects. Also, the faster your computer is the faster the renders, so if you're using an old MacBook Pro is will be slower. But Final Cut is still a 32-bit app so renders aren't incredibly faster with newer boxes, but every bit helps I guess.

2.) The YouTube Compressor setting is a great place to start. Again, search around on here for various recipes.

3 and 4.) Search away as this has been covered a million times on here. And I've yet to meet an editor who's said, "You know what, I don't want the best quality, just average will do." There is no one answer for this as it depends on your workflow (camera, deliverable spec, time, money, your mood).

tony

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]